Welcome to Write the Docs
The conference is just a few days away.
We have some reminders, late-breaking information, and a few thanks are in order.
We hope you’re getting excited!
- If you have signed up for the boat trip, join us on Saturday the 17th at Prague Boats,
pier no. 5 of Dvořákovo nábřeží. Boarding is
at 13:45, don’t be late! The trip lasts for two hours, and will feature an English-speaking guide.
- Join us on Sunday for the Writing Day (breakfast and lunch provided!) from 09:00 to 17:00, immediately followed by the reception from 17:00-19:00. You can pick up your badge and enjoy a couple of drinks on us. This is a great chance to meet your fellow documentarians before the conference starts.
- Follow the Code of Conduct. We have a wonderful community full of diverse and amazing people. We expect everyone to behave in a respectful manner at all conference events. Our code of conduct boils down to “Be excellent to each other”, but the full text is also available. Our cell phone numbers and email addresses are on that page if you ever need to contact us.
- Plan a lightning talk. We’ll have lightning talks each day after lunch. These are 5 minute presentations and a lot of fun. They can be about anything you want. This is your chance to share something you are passionate about with the audience. Slides are not required.
- Plan a discussion. We’ll be running the Unconference in the afternoon on Monday and Tuesday. Want to chat with like-minded folks about a very specific thing? This is the place. We’ll have a sign-up board so you know what’s happening, and supplies to help you brainstorm.
- Come to the party on Monday night. This is a private party just for conference attendees. Plan to attend so you can get to know folks in the community. We’ll be at Club Lavka, our awesome conference venue from last year! Party time is 19:00-23:00, light snacks and various beverages provided.
- Coffee, breakfast, and lunch are provided. Don’t worry about coffee before you come to the conference on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Coffee and breakfast, including gluten free and veggie options are served at 09:00, and the conference starts at 10:00.
- Use the hash tag #writethedocs. Twitter is a great way to communicate at events. If you arrive in Prague early and want to find others, use the hash tag or tweet at @writethedocs. We can point you to something good.