Get Ready for Write the Docs Prague 2017¶
We hope everyone is sufficiently excited for the conference, which is now just about two weeks away!
Schedule and Activities Summary¶
Our website is up-to-date with the latest details about sessions, activities, and locations. However, we are also happy to share with you a quick summary right here:
- Saturday September 9th - Boat Tour of Prague. We will meet at Prague Boats, pier no. 5 on Saturday, September 9 at 13:45 to board the boat. We must leave the pier at 14:00 sharp (captain’s rules) so unfortunately we cannot wait for late arrivals. All the details are in our Boat Tour page. Remember that this activity requires a separate ticket, more info below!
- Sunday September 10th - Writing Day and Welcome Reception. Both the Writing Day and the Welcome Reception will be held at the main conference venue, Auto Klub, Opletalova 1337/29, Praha 1. We will also hold a Welcome Wagon orientation during the receiption to help ease your way into the conference.
- Monday September 11th - Conference Day 1. This is the main event! Come to Auto Klub, Opletalova 1337/29, Praha 1 and make yourselves at home. Doors open at 9:00 for breakfast, kick-off announcements at 10:00, day wraps up at 18:00. Post-lunch lightning talks included, and the unconference sessions will start in the afternoon.
- Monday September 11th - Social Event. We will hang out at the Hangar Bar, Dušní 9/9, Praha 1 from 20:00. Light snacks and drinks are included while our tab lasts. Please bring your conference badge, as entrance is only for conference attendees.
- Tuesday September 12th - Conference Day 2. Another great day for documentarians! By now you are already familiar with Auto Klub and know your way around. Again, doors open at 9:00 for breakfast, kick-off announcements at 10:00, day wraps up at 17:00. Post-lunch lightning talks included, and the unconference sessions will run all day.
For the full schedule overview including start/end times for all activities, take a look at our Schedule page.
For practical information about Prague, check out the Visiting Prague page.
And if you still have questions, perhaps you’ll find the answers in our Welcome Wagon guide. You’re also welcome to reach out to @praguewelcomewagon on Slack or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Badges and Shirts Registration Ends August 31st¶
Even though we still have a few tickets left, we are getting closer to the cut-off time for badges and shirts. Please note that if you purchase tickets after August 31st, 2017, we will not be able to guarantee a badge with your name on it, or a shirt.
Boat Tour Registration Ends September 4th¶
If you haven’t decided whether you’d like to attend the Saturday Boat Tour yet, now is the time! We must finalize the attendance for the boat by September 4th, 2017, so grab your ticket beforehand to guarantee your spot!
If for some reason you can no longer attend the boat tour, and you already registered and paid for your ticket, please note that we also cannot process any refunds after this point.
See you all soon in Prague!