Announcing Events and Call for Volunteers¶
The conference is now just under two months away, and we hope you’re getting geared up for an exciting Write the Docs experience in beautiful Prague, Czech Republic.
Tickets are selling quickly – thanks to everyone who has already purchased theirs! We do expect the conference to sell out fully again this year, so hop off that fence you might be sitting on!
If you’re still debating whether to attend, check out the Sessions page for the full list of presentations.
Events and Activities¶
As always, Write the Docs events are more than just talks. Every year we offer a wider range of activities that give our community members different ways to socialize, collaborate, and connect.
Check out what we have in store for you this year in Prague:
- Boat Tour of Prague, Saturday September 9th. If you’re in town early, you’re invited to join us for a 2-hour cruise on the Vltava river, with a relaxed guided tour in English, light snacks, and light drinks included. This activity is priced separately and isn’t included with the conference ticket. You can find all the details in our Boat Tour page, or register directly on our ticket Website.
- Writing Day and Welcome Reception, Sunday September 10th. Before the main conference days, we’ll be hosting a Writing Day and Welcome Reception before we dive into the main sessions. This is an excellent opportunity to register early, meet your fellow documentarians, learn about and work on interesting documentation projects, and make yourself at home!
- Lightning Talks. One of our favorite traditions, lightning talks are as entertaining as they are informative. Each block of lightning talks will have 5-6 spots of up to 5 minutes each, both blocks will be after lunch during the main conference days. Sign up on the mornings of the main conference days and prepare for some post-lunch fun.
- Unconference. Parallel to the afternoon talks, you’re welcome to join the unconference sessions. These freestyle sessions are a great opportunity to brainstorm with your fellow documentarians about anything from the latest tooling, the best way to write an email, or how to handle stress and burnout. We have a few great anchor sessions to get your started, but the main sign-up for the unconference slots will be during the conference itself.
- Social Event. This year our social event will be held at Hangar Bar, Dušní 9/9, Praha 1, a cool aviation-themed bar in the heart of the old city. The starting time will be 20:00, so you can grab some dinner and decompress after the first conference day. Light snacks and drinks are included while our tab lasts. Please bring your conference badge, as entrance is only for conference attendees.
For the full schedule overview including start/end times for all activities, take a look at our Schedule page.
Call for Volunteers¶
Each year we are blessed with an amazing team of volunteers who help with the variety of on-site operations, and the conference wouldn’t be such a success without them!
Volunteering at our events only requires a few hours (2-3 shifts of 2 hours, distributed over 3 days), and is a great way to meet the community, learn about how to run an event, and of course you also get a free ticket to the conference!
If you’re interested, send us an email at email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself so that we can try and find a good spot for you on the team. We will be accepting volunteer applications until August 1st, and you should hear back by August 10th.
We only have a few openings for volunteers, and we will prioritize folks who will be attending for the first time, as well as folks who might not be able to attend otherwise. Unfortunately we cannot help with travel costs for volunteers, so please make sure that you are able to travel to the conference before you write to us.
Welcome to Our Newest Sponsors¶
This conference wouldn’t happen without the help of our amazing sponsors. Please join us in giving a warm welcome to our latest supporting organizations:
We still have lots of exciting opportunities for sponsorship, if your company is looking for ways to support good documentation. Drop us an email at at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thanks so much for your help in making Write the Docs possible!