Write the Docs has an event called the Writing Day, modeled after the concept of sprints from the open source world. The idea is simple: to get a bunch of interesting people in a room together and have them work towards shared goals.
To make the most out of the Writing Day, we recommend that you either come with a project, or be ready and willing to contribute to someone else’s project.
Here are some examples of projects that you might want to work on:
- Open source software documentation
- General documentation writing
- Best practices manual (For your company, or the world)
- Blog posts
- Tips and tricks
- Great works of fiction
- Love letters
- The Documentarian Manifesto
You get the idea.
All this adds up to a room full of smart people sharing your problems, your passion, and your goals. So be ready to learn some new things and to teach others what you know.
Even if you feel as though you don’t know that much, we know you have a lot to offer. Come surprise yourself with how much you can share.
Please bring a computer or some other mechanism with which to create written words.
We’ll be creating and editing content, so make sure that you have the tools you need to contribute.
- Date & Time: Sunday, May 14th, 9am-6pm, with the conference opening reception in the same space until 9.
- Location: Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W Burnside St. We will be in the main ballroom.
Writing Day Schedule¶