Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs, and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform. He is the primary chair of the Portland 2017 conference, and loves to talk all things docs :)
Kelly runs the Write the Docs newsletter, and has been organizing the North America conference for the last 3 years. She has a day job at Kayako where she is the Self-Service Content Manager.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe. She is an avid dancer as well as singer, and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have. Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a couple years. He’s based in Berlin unless he’s off to a death metal festival somewhere. Sam is a contract technical writer working with Travis CI and other companies.
Becky is the resident librarian in the Write the Docs crew. She resides in Seattle where she works at the beautiful Seattle Central Public Library, and is our emissary into the world of librarians.
Rose organizes the Boston Write the Docs scene. She currently works as tech writer for a health IT company, is damn delightful, and she is not afraid to remind you of it :)
Christy Lutz writes tech docs for New Relic, crochets to relax, loves to dance, and adores making connections through the Write the Docs Welcome Wagon.
Mo Nishiyama is a Technical Writer at Oregon Health & Science University’s Information Technology Group. His professional passions include transforming dense engineer-speak into customer-friendly support articles, cultivating a community of tech writers in the workplace, promoting a human-centric work culture, and sharing career/life experiences through public speaking and essay writing. Mo is an Oxford comma advocate.
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.
- Conference chair - Eric Holscher
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Speaker wrangler - Kelly O’Brien
- Infrastructure chair - Samuel Wright
- Writing Day coordinator - Shaun McCance
- Lightning Talk coordinator - Rose Williams
- Communication chair - Mikey Ariel
- Volunteer coordinator - Becky Yoose
- Sponsorship lead - Eric Holscher
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - Christy Lutz
- Hike coordinator - Eric Holscher
- Explore Portland coordinator - Mo Nishiyama
- Unconference coordinator - TBA
- Workshop coordinator - TBA
- Job Fair coordinator - TBA
- Social media chair - TBA
- Emcee - TBA