Conference highlights and thanks to the community!¶
The Write the Docs team is now emerging from the post-conference recovery period, and we wanted to send out a quick message to thank everyone for attending Write the Docs Vilnius.
Around 50 people attended from over 15 countries, a diverse and enthusiastic crowd. We had some excellent speakers, some new folks giving lightening talks, an active writing day, and a social.
Overall, we were excited to our awesome community come together in a lovely venue. Lots of knowledge was shared, and we had a great time.
Code of Conduct transparency report¶
As with any Write the Docs event, this conference was covered by our community Code of Conduct. We aim to be as transparent with CoC incidents and enforcement as we can.
To ensure that our CoC was visible and accessible, we took a number of specific steps:
- Every participant agreed to the Code of Conduct in advance during registration.
- The CoC, or a summary, was included on the conference website, conference booklet, and in posters around the conference venue.
- The CoC was repeatedly mentioned in announcements on the stage.
- We specifically stressed that the CoC applies to all conference spaces including the social event.
- We encouraged all attendees to report any incident, even if they were not sure whether it was a violation.
We had one single CoC event reported, involving a discussion on acceptable ways to address a mixed crowd of people, and an inappropriate example of what isn’t. The incident was resolved on-site.
If there was any personal conduct or other aspect of the conference experience that did not meet the expectations of behavior set out in the CoC, please email us at email@example.com.
Ready for more?¶
Our Slack network has really grown more this last year. Our general Slack channel has been extra busy in the days and weeks leading up to the conference, and we hope that y’all continue the conversations throughout the year. If you haven’t joined, now’s the time! Check out the Write the Docs Slack.
We’re also looking for more sponsors to make our events just as magical as this year’s event. You can see our prospectus for Prague. Get in touch if you have any questions.
We’re so grateful to our sponsors, speakers, volunteers, and attendees for making this conference possible.