Announcing speakers and talks¶
Greetings, documentarians! Today we’re excited to announce that we’ve finalized our speakers for the our first virtual Atlantic conference!
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to send us a proposal – we literally wouldn’t have an event without you!
Full speaker line-up¶
Every year, we look to bring a wide range of voices to the Write the Docs stage. Because the role of “documentarian” looks so different to each of us, we aim for a line-up that spans a good mix of practical, philosophical, and technical topics – with the odd whimsical one thrown in for good measure. We hope you’re as excited about our program as we are!
- Ian Cowley: One glossary to rule them all: terminology management at scale
- Josh Peacock, Dennis Mortensen: The power of product screenshots in your help documentation. And how keeping them updated can be automated!
- Fabrizio Ferri-Benedetti: Once Upon a Time There Were… Docs
- Kristine Sihto: Papercuts: Stop the Bleed. Reducing information leakage from client-bound documentation
- Katie Riker: Working with User Experience to Maximize User Success
- Matt Dodson: Graphs, not trees: A ground-up approach to fixing a docs site.
- Stephan Delbos: Drop the Docs, Get Back to What’s Important! How to Create Product Documentation that Encourages User Disengagement
- Chris Meyns: AI ethics for tech writers
- Lorna Mitchell: OpenAPI for Documentarians
Head over to the Speakers page to see the full abstracts. We hope there’s something there for everyone to enjoy, and also something that will broaden your horizons a bit.
Shirts are on sale¶
The Write the Docs Atlantic 2023 Pop-Up Shop is now open! You can order loose and fitted options from different fabrics, and you can choose exactly the size and cut you want.
The campaign will run in 3-day batches until a few weeks after the conference. Exact dates to be determined. . Shipping is available from the USA or Europe. However, due to the global shipping situation, we recommend you order your shirt at least 2-3 weeks in advance if you want to sport your new threads during the conference.
Tickets are going fast!¶
If you don’t have your ticket yet, now’s a great time to snap one up. Conference tickets have sold out for the last several years, and they go faster along with the speaker announcement, so if you’re planning to come, don’t leave it to the last minute.
We will close registrations around one week before the conference, to give folks enough time to set up their Hopin credentials.
Grant program still open¶
Just a friendly reminder that our grant program is still open for application. We’re excited to be able to offer free tickets to a larger number of people, since there are no travel costs involved in attending a virtual event.
You can apply until August 15, 2022 on our website.
Thanks to our sponsors¶
We are so grateful to have our sponsors help in bringing our events to life every year.
Head over to our sponsorship prospectus for details on how your company can get involved!
We have several types of sponsorship available, including tables at the job fair that we’ll be hosting on Tuesday.
Stay tuned for more details in the next week about the schedule and other activities. We hope you’re all getting as excited as we are!
The Write the Docs Team