Get Ready for the conference!¶
We’re just a few days from the start of the conference, and we’re getting excited to see you soon! We’re looking forward to gather for 3 days of content, collaboration, and conversation.
We have a few reminders before we welcome you all on Sunday:
- Ticket sales close this week, so grab yours now!
- We have a great Welcome Wagon guide.
- There are lots of ways to get involved at the conference on the day-of, which we list out below so you can prep a bit for them.
Ticket sales close on Thursday September 8th¶
To help us manage capacity and make sure that our conference environment is cozy and friendly, we are going to close ticket sales on Thursday, September 7, at 23:59 UTC. If you haven’t purchased your ticket yet we invite you to get your tickets soon.
For those of you who already purchased your tickets, you should have already received an email with our online conference platform (Hopin) registration link. We will also send a reminder on September 9th, in case you missed the first email, or registered later. This will give you the opportunity to set up your Hopin account and troubleshoot any access issues that you might have.
Welcome Wagon guide¶
Each year we create a guide to help our attendees get the most out of the conference. Head over to the website and check out the Welcome Wagon guide to help you get the most out of our event this year.
All our events and activities¶
There are many events at the conference beyond the main track of speakers. We hope that you’ll get involved with some of our other events, and get to know more folks that are hanging out at the conference!
- Lightning Talks. We’ll have lightning talks each day. Registration is handled on the day of the conference. These are 5-minute presentations and a lot of fun. They can be about anything you want, this is your chance to share something you are passionate about with the audience. We encourage first time speakers to submit as well. Slides are optional.
- Unconference. We’ll be running the Unconference all day Monday and on Tuesday. These are also planned day-of, and allow attendees to schedule a session to talk about any topic they wish. It’s a great way to find others who share your specific interests. As a session lead you guide the session, but you definitely do not need to have a full plan.
- Sponsor Expo. On Tuesday morning we’ll have a sponsor expo where you you’ll find sponsors that have job openings or products relevant to documentarians.
- Hallway track. We do not have a separate social event, but have set aside time at the start and end of each day to meet your fellow documentarians in the Hallway sessions. These sessions are also open throughout the conference.
- Conference Help Desk. If you have any questions about navigating the virtual event, we’ll be running the Write the Docs Helpdesk booth in the Expo area, where you can chat with one of the organizers and the Welcome Wagon team.
The Schedule page has the latest and most complete information about all our events. This is where we will also update any changes or cancellations if they should occur.
Thanks so much to all our sponsors¶
We are so grateful to have our sponsors help in bringing these events to life every year. You’ll be able to chat with most of our sponsors at the Job Fair, and a few will have booths for conversations the entire conference.
Thanks so much to the following companies for supporting the conference this year:
We’re excited to see all of you soon, and can’t wait to share a wonderful few days with you in our online space.
The Write the Docs team