Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Swapnil initiated Write the Docs in Australia in 2016. He is fortunate enough to live in one of the world’s most liveable cities - Melbourne, Australia. While he is not travelling, watching Test cricket or building a mini library by visiting bookshops and fairs, he works as a contract technical writer on local and remote projects.
Rajie is a contract technical writer at Linode. In both writing and development, she is passionate about Linux, OpenSource projects, Accessibility, and Kubernetes. When she is not writing or hosting a Write the Docs meet-up in India, she is gardening or up-cycling old furniture.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a few years now. He lives in Berlin unless he’s off to a conference or death metal festival somewhere. Sam is a contract technical writer working with Red Hat and various other companies.
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.
- Conference chair - Swapnil Ogale
- Conference co-chair - Rajakavitha Kodhandapani
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Speaker wrangler - Swapnil Ogale
- Infrastructure chair - Samuel Wright
- Lightning Talk coordinators - TBA
- Communication chair - Swapnil Ogale
- Volunteer coordinator - TBA
- Sponsorship - TBA
- Unconference coordinator - TBA
- Emcee - TBA
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - TBA
- Social media chair - TBA