Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Swapnil initiated Write the Docs in Australia in 2016. He is fortunate enough to live in one of the world’s most liveable cities - Melbourne, Australia. While he is not travelling, watching Test cricket or building a mini library by visiting bookshops and fairs, he works as a contract technical writer on local and remote projects.
Jared has been a Technical Writer for about 17 years now. When he’s not helping organisations plan and deliver documentation as a product, he co-hosts the Write the Docs and BlahCade Pinball Podcasts, and restores pinball machines to their former glory.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for more than a few years now. He lives in Berlin unless he’s off to a conference or death metal festival somewhere. Sam works at Buildkite, and is into using CI/CD to make better docs on CI/CD.
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.
- Conference chair - Swapnil Ogale
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Speaker wrangler - Swapnil Ogale
- Infrastructure chair - Samuel Wright
- Lightning Talk coordinators - TBA
- Communication chair - Swapnil Ogale
- Volunteer coordinator - TBA
- Sponsorship - TBA
- Unconference coordinator - TBA
- Emcee - Jared Morgan
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - TBA
- Social media chair - TBA