Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers.
This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done,
and what their roles are.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs,
and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform.
He is the primary chair of the Portland conference,
and loves to talk all things docs :)
Kelly runs the Write the Docs newsletter,
and has been organizing the North America conference for the last 3 years.
She has a day job at Kayako where she is the Self-Service Content Manager.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe.
She is an avid dancer as well as singer,
and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have.
Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a couple years.
He’s based in Berlin unless he’s off to a death metal festival somewhere.
Sam is a contract technical writer working with Travis CI and other companies.
Becky is the resident librarian in the Write the Docs crew. She resides in Seattle where she works at the beautiful Seattle Central Public Library, and is our emissary into the world of librarians.
Rose organizes the Boston Write the Docs scene. She currently works as tech writer for a health IT company, is damn delightful, and she is not afraid to remind you of it :)
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.
- Conference chair - Eric Holscher
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Speaker wrangler - Kelly O’Brien
- Infrastructure chair - Samuel Wright
- Writing Day coordinator - Samuel Wright
- Unconference coordinator - Rose Williams
- Lightning Talk coordinator - Rose Williams
- Communication chair - Mikey Ariel
- Volunteer coordinator - Becky Yoose
- Sponsorship lead - Eric Holscher
- Explore Portland coordinator - None
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - Christy Lutz & Leona Campbell
- Social media chair - Mikey Ariel
- Hike coordinator - Eric Holscher
- Emcee - Nik Blanchet