Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs, and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform. He is the primary chair of the Portland conference, and loves to talk all things docs :)
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a few years now. He lives in Berlin unless he’s off to a conference or death metal festival somewhere. Sam is a contract technical writer working with Red Hat and various other companies.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe. She is an avid dancer as well as singer, and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have. Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
- Conference chair - Eric Holscher
- Code of conduct response - See code of conduct page
- Speaker coordinator - Samuel Wright
- Unconference coordinator - Jennifer Rondeau
- Lightning Talk coordinator - Rose Williams
- Infrastructure coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Job Fair coordinator - Eric Holscher
- Welcome Wagon and Helpdesk coordinators - Christy Lutz, Mo Nishiyama
- Sponsorship coordinator - Eric Holscher
- Writing Day coordinator - Rose Williams
- Volunteer coordinator - Alex Fornuto
- Emcee - Andrea Kao
- Social media coordinator - Mo Nishiyama
- Support and Website infrastructure - Sasha Romijn
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.