Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe. She is an avid dancer as well as singer, and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have. Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for more than a few years now. He lives in Berlin unless he’s off to a conference or death metal festival somewhere. Sam works at Buildkite, and is into using CI/CD to make better docs on CI/CD.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs, and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform. He is the primary chair of the Portland conference, and loves to talk all things docs :)
Sasha is a Django and Python developer, and is our inclusivity, diversity, and well-being champion. Based in Amsterdam but traveling throughout Europe, Sasha has been sharing insight and helping communities and individuals become better versions of themselves, as well as co-authoring positive projects such as Happiness Packets and the “Less Obvious Conference Checklist”.
- Conference chair - Mikey Ariel
- Code of conduct response - See code of conduct page
- Speaker coordinator - Samuel Wright
- Unconference coordinator - TBD
- Lightning Talk coordinator - TBD
- Infrastructure coordinator - Sasha Romijn
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Communication coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Job Fair coordinator - TBD
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - TBD
- Sponsorship coordinator - Eric Holscher
- Writing Day coordinator - TBD
- Attendee technical support - TBD
- Emcee - TBD
- Social media coordinator - TBD
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.