Announcing speakers and talks¶
We’re excited to announce that we’ve finalized our list of speakers for the Cincinnati event! Thank you to everyone who took the time to send us a proposal – we are grateful for your interest and could not have an event without you.
We also have some info about ticket purchasing (now’s the time!), trip planning, and sponsorship. Read on for details!
Speakers and talks¶
We look to bring a wide range of voices to the Write the Docs stage with a mix of practical, philosophical, and technical topics. Our partnership with Open Help means we were especially interested in talks with an open source angle, and fortunately we had a number of strong proposals related to documentation for open source projects. We’re so excited about the presentations we’ve got for this inaugural event – we hope you are too!
- Mark Baker – Structured Writing: How Rhetoric Supports Process
- Shavindri Dissanayake – Documentation Strategy for Open Source Projects
- Jessica Garson – How to ensure your documentation is accessible for new programmers
- Jessica Parsons – Finding a Home for Docs
- Heidi Waterhouse – The Man Behind the Curtain: White Labeling, Automated Generation, and Customized Documentation
- Adam Michael Wood – Open Source DocOps
- Zach Corleissen – Big decisions with open source docs: a Kubernetes case study
- Jared Bhatti – Big decisions with open source docs: a Kubernetes case study
- David Payne – Analytics Can Change Your World!
Head over to the Speakers page to see the complete abstracts. We hope there’s something there for everyone to enjoy.
Tickets are going fast!¶
If you don’t have your ticket yet, now’s a great time to snap one up. If you’re planning to come, don’t leave it to the last minute.
Planning your trip¶
In the next few weeks, we’ll be announcing more details about the conference events, including the full schedule and social event on Saturday evening.
In the meantime, check out the Visit Cincinnati page on the conference website for information about transportation, where to stay, and where to eat. You can also pop into the #cincinnati channel on Slack to ask questions!
Thanks to our sponsor¶
We are so grateful to have our sponsor Google help bring this event to life. Thanks sincerely for supporting the Write the Docs community.
Want to lend a hand? Head over to our sponsorship prospectus for information about how your company can get involved! We have several types of sponsorships available.
And that’s the latest on the Cincinnati conference. We hope you’re all getting as excited as we are! Stay tuned for more details.
The Write the Docs Team