Announcing speakers and talks¶
G’day, documentarians! Today we’re excited to announce that we’ve finalised our speakers for the next virtual Australia conference.
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to send us a proposal – we literally wouldn’t have an event without you!
Full speaker line-up¶
Every year, we look to bring a wide range of voices to the Write the Docs stage. Because the role of “documentarian” looks so different to each of us, we aim for a line-up that spans a good mix of practical, philosophical, and technical topics – with the odd whimsical one thrown in for good measure. We’re really excited about the presentations we’ve got this year – we hope you are too!
- Shumin Chen – Sustainable Content for Software Documentation Powered by Simplified Technical English (STE)
- Lana Novikova – Let’s bring science into technical writing
- Ishara Ilangasinghe – Interviewing a Technical Writer Candidate
- Claire Mahoney – Chaos to contained: How a content project can lead to better content BAU
- Braden Riggs – Optimizing SEO for Technical Documentation
- Alex Fiedler – Knowledge Experience for a PLG Strategy
- Hari Priya – How customer journey mapping can improve your docs and customer experience.
- Sarah Rainsberger – Happy Contributors, High Standards: pick two! Balancing quality and community in open source documentation
- Lilly Ryan – Hack the Docs: how security professionals use documentation
Head over to the Speakers page to see the full abstracts. We hope there’s something there for everyone to enjoy, and also something that will broaden your horizons a bit.
Shirts are on sale¶
The Write the Docs Australia 2022 Pop-Up Shop is now open! You can order loose and fitted options from different fabrics, and you can choose exactly the size and cut you want.
The campaign will run in 3-day batches until December 31st, 2022. Shipping is available from the USA or Europe. However, given the global shipping situation, we recommend you order your shirt at least 2-3 weeks in advance if you want to sport your new threads during the conference.
Tickets are going fast!¶
If you don’t have your ticket yet, now’s a great time to snap one up. Conference tickets have sold out for the last several years, and they go faster along with the speaker announcement, so if you’re planning to come, don’t leave it to the last minute.
We will close registrations around one week before the conference, to give folks enough time to set up their Hopin credentials.
Grant program still open¶
Just a friendly reminder that our grant program is still open for application. We’re excited to be able to offer free tickets to a larger number of people, since there are minimal other costs to attend a virtual event.
You can apply until October 15, 2022 on our website.
Thanks to our sponsors¶
We are so grateful to have our sponsors help in bringing these events to life every year. Thanks sincerely to the following companies for supporting the Write the Docs community:
Head over to our sponsorship prospectus for details on how your company can get involved! We have several types of sponsorship available, so feel free to reach out with any questions or ideas.
Stay tuned for more details in the next week about the schedule and other activities. We hope you’re all getting as excited as we are!
The Write the Docs Team