COVID-19 Update 02 - Postponing the Portland Conference

COVID-19 Update 02 - Postponing the Portland Conference

The most recent COVID-19 update is:

Hey Folks,

Since our first announcement last week, we’ve been following the COVID-19 updates from the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC. We’ve also seen King County (Seattle) and Santa Clara County (SF Bay Area) explicitly request organizations cancel or postpone large gatherings. We have concluded that our event cannot go on as currently scheduled.

Our current plan of action is to postpone the conference, most likely to a date in August.

We’ll be talking to our venue, staff, speakers, and sponsors to find a date that works. We’d like to keep uncertainty to a minimum, so we hope to announce a final decision by March 20 at the latest.

If we do reschedule, we’ll transfer all existing tickets and sponsorships to the new conference date. We will refund tickets without charge for anyone who can’t make the new date.

If you have any questions, please reach out to

In the meantime, we recommend keeping an eye on the official resources at:

The Write the Docs Team

Last Updated: March 10, 2020