Get Ready for the Conference!¶
We’re just a couple of weeks away from the start of the conference, and we’re getting excited to see you soon at our online venue for 3 days of content, collaboration, and conversation. We’re happy to share with you some useful resources to help you prepare for the conference.
Ticket sales closing on April 22nd 2021¶
To help us manage capacity and make sure that our conference environment is cozy and friendly, we are going to close ticket sales on April 22nd, 2021 at 5PM Pacific Time. If you haven’t purchased your ticket yet we invite you to get your tickets soon.
For those of you who already purchased your tickets, you will get an email through Ti.to with the Hopin registration link and instructions on April 19th, 2021. We will also send a reminder on April 23rd, in case you missed the first email. This will give you the opportunity to set up your Hopin account and troubleshoot any access issues that you might have.
If you don’t get an email from us by April 22nd, please email us and we’ll help you out!
Welcome Wagon guide and orientation¶
Each year we create a guide to help our attendees get the most out of the conference. Following the success of last year’s conferences and based on your feedback, we expanded our Welcome Wagon guide to help you get the most out of our event this year.
We have a lot of information about how to use Hopin, and lots of tips and tricks for the best way to plan your days.
This year we are also happy to announce that the Welcome Wagon team will hold a live orientation session for the virtual platform! The session will be held on Sunday during Writing Day, and will give you a chance to walk through the virtual event and ask all your questions.
Check out the Schedule page for exact time and location.
All our events and activities¶
Write the Docs is more than a conference. Every year we make sure to have a variety of activities that our attendees can enjoy, whether you want to learn something, meet new people, or share knowledge. And even though this years conference is held online, we’re holding to that plan.
- Lightning Talks. We’ll have lightning talks each day after lunch. These are 5 minute presentations and a lot of fun. They can be about anything you want, this is your chance to share something you are passionate about with the audience. Slides are not required. Sign-up for lightning talks will be posted on Monday and Tuesday morning, and the selected talks will be announced before the lunch break on each day..
- Unconference. We’ll be running the Unconference all day Monday and on Tuesday afternoon. Want to chat with like-minded folks about a specific thing? This is the place.
- Job Fair. As with the previous few years, on Tuesday morning we’ll have a job fair where you can find your next documentarian friendly job.
- Social event. On Monday night the main stage will be closed, and we will switch to social mode! We will be using a spatial chat platform for the social event this year, and we will post the link for the social space during the day on Monday. It will be much closer to a “real life” social where attendees can move between different rooms and group conversations, and the Pac-Man Rule even works!
- Conference Help Desk. If you have any questions about navigating the virtual event, we’ll be running the Write the Docs Helpdesk booth, where you can chat with one of the organizers and the Welcome Wagon team.
The Schedule page has the latest and most complete information about all our events. This is where we will also update any changes/cancellations if they should occur.
Thanks so much to all our sponsors¶
We are so grateful to have our sponsors help in bringing these events to life every year. You’ll be able to chat with most of our sponsors at the Job Fair, and a few will have booths for conversations the entire conference.
Thanks so much to the following companies for supporting the Portland conference this year:
We’re excited to see all of you soon, and can’t wait to share a wonderful few days with you in our online space.
The Write the Docs team