Each year we run an event called the Writing Day during the conference. This event is modeled after the concept of sprints, which are common in open-source conferences. The main premise is to get a bunch of interesting people in a room together and have them work towards shared goals.
To make the most out of the Writing Day, we recommend that you either come with a project, or be ready and willing to contribute to someone else’s project.
Here are some examples of projects that you might want to work on:
- Open source software documentation
- General documentation writing
- Best practices manual (For your company, or the world)
- Blog posts
- Tips and tricks
- Great works of fiction
- Love letters
- The Documentarian Manifesto
You get the idea.
All this adds up to a room full of smart people sharing your problems, your passion, and your goals. So be ready to learn some new things and to teach others what you know.
Even if you feel as though you don’t know that much, we know you have a lot to offer. Come surprise yourself with how much you can share.
Documenting a new project?¶
Check out our beginners guide to writing documentation. This should help you get started, and give you some ideas for how you can contribute to a project that you love.
Please bring a computer or some other mechanism with which to create written words. We’ll be creating and editing content, so make sure that you have the tools you need to contribute.
- Date & Time: Sunday, September September 15, 9am-6pm, with the conference opening reception in the same space from 17:00.
- Location: Auto Klub, Opletalova 29, Prague. We will be in the main ballroom.