Doc fixit: TheGoodDocsProject¶
Doc fixit hosts: Cameron Shorter, and Jared Morgan
Surprisingly, the world doesn’t have an open, best-practices suite of writing templates; one which could be used by open-source projects. That’s not right. A bunch of us documentarians and open-source community members have decided to create them, and have banded together under the banner of TheGoodDocsProject. We want to collate the collective wisdom of our communities into templates, writing instructions and background theory. We have ideas but we still have a lot to work out and we want your help.
In this hands-on workshop we will present a quick overview of current thinking and the range of challenges we are facing. We will then break out into topic working groups to brainstorm ideas for solutions and content for different doc types. We need to source, develop, test and refine:
- A template, embedded with concise writing instructions
- Deeper practical tips, explanations and justifications for approaches - for use by information architects, reviewers, and seasoned Documentarians.
- Collated background theory.
At the end we will come back together to present findings to the group and discuss how ideas can be brought back into TheGoodDocsProject.
Your doc fixit session will be hosted by Cameron Shorter and Jared Morgan.
- Date & Time: Thursday, 14th November 2019, at 13:00-15:00.
- Location: Water Police Court.
- Find out more: About the Venue
To be advised
The workshop fee is included in your conference admission. There is no extra charge for the workshop.
All conference attendees are welcome!