Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe. She is an avid dancer as well as singer, and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have. Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a few years now. He lives in Berlin unless he’s off to a conference or death metal festival somewhere. Sam is a contract technical writer working with Red Hat and various other companies.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs, and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform. He is the primary chair of the Portland conference, and loves to talk all things docs :)
Sasha is a Django and Python developer, and is our inclusivity, diversity, and well-being champion. Based in Amsterdam but traveling throughout Europe, Sasha has been sharing insight and helping communities and individuals become better versions of themselves, as well as co-authoring positive projects such as Happiness Packets and the “Less Obvious Conference Checklist”.
- Conference chair - TBD
- Conference co-chair - TBD
- Code of conduct response - See code of conduct page
- Speaker coordinator - TBD
- Unconference coordinator - TBD
- Lightning Talk coordinator - TBD
- Hike coordinator - TBD
- Infrastructure coordinator - TBD
- Swag coordinator - TBD
- Communication coordinator - TBD
- Explore Portland coordinators - TBD
- Job Fair coordinator - TBD
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - TBD
- Sponsorship coordinator - TBD
- Writing Day coordinator - TBD
- Volunteer coordinator -TBD
- Emcee - TBD
- Social media coordinator - TBD
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.