Connecting people with potential employers has always been a core benefit of attending Write the Docs, so we’re excited to introduce some more structure to that connection.
Documentarians looking for jobs will be able to talk to employers to learn about the company culture, ask about specific job openings, and talk to current employees.
If you’re an employer looking to fill a role, you can find information about reserving a job fair spot in the sponsorship prospectus.
Tips for Attendees¶
If you’re attending the Virtual Job Fair, make sure you’re signed in to Hopin.
- Select Expo in the left-hand pane.
- Select the company of your choice.
- You now have the following choices:
- Chat with attendees from the company under the Chat tab.
- Select the button to “Share Audio and Video”. You can then chat “Face to Face” with company representatives.
Tips for Sponsors¶
If you want to maximize your contacts with potential new employees, make sure to:
- Make sure your booth staff is registered in the online platform before the conference starts. All sponsor ticket holders will receive details about this a few days before the conference. These staff will be set up as moderators for your booth. As needed, you can also request additional moderators from the designated conference Job Fair volunteer.
- When you’re a moderator, you can always share your audio and video. Other attendees who want to “Share Audio and Video” will appear under the “Moderator Panel” at the bottom of the screen. When you select one or more persons, they’ll join you in the video chat.
You can also select users for 1:1 chats.