Announcing Write the Docs Vilnius 2019¶
Welcome to the official launch of the first Write the Docs Vilnius!
We are excited to announce this new event, led by a group of talented and dedicated documentarians in Vilnius, Lithuania. The 2-day event will be held on 2-3 June, 2019, and will include:
- Day 1: Writing Day. Get together with other documentarians to work on your docs and learn some new skills. Don’t have a team to bring to the sprints? Join us anyway–get involved with an open source project and learn from the people who are pioneering documentation sprints.
- Day 2: Talks on all things technical documentation. We’ll have a variety of speakers on the stage sharing their experience and knowledge. We might also have lightning talks, if the schedule permits.
Call for proposals and tickets¶
We plan to open the call for proposals around 13 March, 2019, and keep it open for a month. At the time of the CFP launch, we will also transform the landing page to a full website, with venue information and registration links.
In the meantime, here are the ticket prices so that you can plan ahead:
- Corporate ticket: 70€ - Purchase this ticket if a company is paying for your attendance. Companies interested in sponsorship can also receive tickets to the conference with a sponsorship package.
- Independent ticket: 40€ - Purchase this ticket if you are paying for yourself, or if you work at a non-profit, a government, or a company with less than 10 employees.
- Student/unemployed ticket: 15€ - Purchase this ticket if you are currently enrolled as a student, or don’t currently have a source of income.
Our first-year capacity for this event is only 50 people, so we do expect tickets to sell out quickly. Stay tuned to find out when tickets are available!
We try to keep ticket prices low for all our events, to make sure that they are accessible and inclusive. This is possible thanks to organizations that support our community by sponsoring our events.
Check out the Sponsorship Prospectus to learn about sponsorship levels, pricing, and perks.
We will continue to post information as it becomes available. In the meantime, save the dates and we hope to see you in Vilnius!