Call for Volunteers and CFP Reminder¶
Greetings, fellow documentarians! The Vilnius conference is just about two months away, and we can’t wait to see you all soon! Here are the latest updates from the conference team to help you prepare.
Tickets are selling fast! We are not sold out yet, but our European community is showing great enthusiasm, and we expect to have another wave of registrations after we announce the presentations soon, so you might want to beat the rush and get your ticket now.
Call for volunteers¶
There is plenty to do during the conference, and volunteers are essential to the success of all our events! We are looking for folks who are willing to help out during the conference. If you volunteer for two or more shifts (at an average of three hours each), you will receive a free ticket for the conference.
We are looking for folks to help out in these roles:
- Venue set up - Prepping the main conference hall on Saturday, including preparing the registration desk, laying out swag, arranging writing day boards, and other light physical labor
- Writing day - Assisting the Writing Day coordinator, including general information inquiries, directing attendees to specific tables, helping writing day project leads with logistical questions, and other duties as assigned
- Registration desk/info - Registering people in the main conference hall and answering any questions
- Speakers - Finding speakers and making sure that they’re where they need to be when it comes time to speak
- Talk timing - Keeping track of the length of the talks and warning speakers when they’re running out of time
- A/V and tech support - Assisting presenters at the time of their greatest need while on stage - issues with slides, video, or audio portions of their presentation. Please apply for this role if you have some A/V knowledge; experience troubleshooting different operating systems is a plus!
- Floaters - Other duties as assigned ;) Assisting with odds and ends, requests from other volunteers and organizers, as well as answering questions; overall, being generally helpful
- Venue take down - What’s more fun than setting things up? Taking them down! Helping with taking down the conference set up and leaving the conference hall better than we found it
If you’re not entirely sure how to do any of these tasks, don’t worry! The organizers will be available for questions and any problems you may encounter.
To register as a volunteer for the conference, please read and fill out the Call for Volunteers form. You will receive additional information by late April regarding shifts, detailed duties, and other updates to the volunteer duties and schedules.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about volunteering for the conference.
Call for Proposals reminder¶
We’re excited to see such great proposals coming in, and we want to remind you to submit your proposals before Midnight CET, 22nd April 2019.
The Call for Proposals page has tips and examples to inspire you. And if you have an idea but aren’t sure what to do with it, feel free to ask for feedback on Slack. Your fellow documentarians will be happy to help!
Since this first-year event has only one day of talks, the number of slots is extremely limited. We hope to see a diverse range of topics from different roles and industries, and we’re excited to welcome you to Vilnius very soon!
For this conference, we are leveraging the power of Facebook and you can track updates and connect with other attendees by RSVPing the Facebook event. You can also follow our new Facebook page to receive general community updates.
We will also still be using Slack and Twitter for announcements and communications, so you can choose your own social network adventures and stay updated with all the exciting news!