Get ready for Write the Docs Australia 2023¶
We’re just over 2 weeks out from the conference, and we hope everyone is getting excited!
In this update we share a few updates as the conference approaches.
Ticket Sales closing soon¶
We will be closing ticket sales Wednesday, 29th November, so if you’ve been on the fence, now is the time to buy one!
If you were hoping to come to this years event, we recommend that you get your tickets soon.
Things to prepare for¶
- Read the Visiting Melbourne information. Our Visiting Melbourne page contains all the information you need for finding food, transit, and other things to do while you’re in town.
- Review the schedule. The Schedule page has the latest and most complete information about the presentations. This is where we will also update any changes/cancellations if they occur.
- Review the Code of Conduct. We have a wonderful community full of diverse and amazing people. We expect everyone to behave in a respectful manner at all conference events and online channels. Our Code of Conduct has the full information.
Get involved at the conference¶
- Attend the STE workshop. This year, similar to our last few conferences, we will have a workshop on Day 1 after the lightning talks. You can find out more about the workshop on the STE workshop page. The workshop is free for all conference attendees and is included in your ticket price, so you do not have pay anything on top of the conference registration.
- Plan an unconference session. We’ll be running the Unconference both days. Want to chat with like-minded folks about a very specific thing? This is the place. We’ll have a sign-up board so you know what’s happening, and supplies to help you brainstorm.
- Plan a lightning talk. We’ll have Lightning Talks each day after lunch. These are 5 minute presentations and a lot of fun. They can be about anything you want. This is your chance to share something you are passionate about with the audience. Slides are not required.
- Join us at the Thursday night social. This is an event just for conference attendees, held on Thursday evening from 5pm-7pm, with free snacks and drinks. It will be held at Tap831 (831 Bourke St, Docklands) with good non-alcoholic beverage options, as well as alcoholic.
- Participate in the panel discussion. This session brings together a diverse group of industry experts and you, sharing perspectives on the latest trends and challenges facing documentarians today. You can submit your questions using the Slido panel.
Thanks so much to all our sponsors¶
We are so grateful to have our sponsors help in bringing these events to life every year.
Thanks so much to the following companies for supporting the Australia and India conference this year:
We’re excited to see all of you soon, and can’t wait to share a wonderful few days with you in our online space.
The Write the Docs team