Health and Safety Policy¶
This policy is up to date as of November 2022. If we change this policy, it will only be to introduce additional restrictions, and we will not be removing requirements.
Vaccine or Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement¶
All attendees must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test upon first entry to the event. Attendee badges will be used as proof of vaccination or negative test validation throughout the event, each participant will need to pick up their own badge.
If you are showing proof of vaccination to attend in person, you will need to show that you are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. We require that you:
- have completed a full round of vaccine (1 dose of a single-dose vaccine or 2 doses of a two-dose vaccine)
- that your most recent dose was at least fourteen days before the conference start
- that your most recent dose or booster was no more than twelve months before the conference start
The following are acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination:
- Government-issued or government-compliant digital vaccination verification app
- Physical (or digital photocopy of) COVID-19 vaccination card, record, or certificate issued by a government agency, public health agency, or other authorized vaccine provider (a photo will also suffice).
The proof of vaccination record must show the name of the vaccinated individual along with one other personal identifier (such as date of birth or passport number), name of the manufacturer for vaccine received, and date(s) of vaccination. It must also include the name of the official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider).
If you are not sure whether your vaccination certificate is eligible, please email us before you register for the conference and we will check this for you.
Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement
Instead of proof of vaccination, participants may show proof of a negative COVID-19 test administered by a verified provider, to enter the event.
- Provide a negative COVID-19 test upon entry to the event for the first time.
- The test must be a PCR or NAAT test taken within 72 hours of picking up your badge on-site, or an Antigen test taken within 24 hours.
- The test may NOT be an unproctored at-home test. Tests must be administered by a healthcare provider.
- The test results must include your name and the date and time of the test.
If you are unable to take a test before the event, we will have a rapid test on-site for you to use to gain entry.
Other Testing Encouraged¶
We strongly encourage attendees to test themselves for COVID before and during the conference. Rapid tests are available for sale at pharmacies in Oregon [(Oregon Government - COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Locator)](https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-covid-19-testing)
Additionally, we intend to provide free tests to attendees who need them at registration, subject to availability.
Masks Encouraged and Provided¶
We are not currently requiring that masks be worn at all times in the venue. We will be providing N95 and cloth masks to attendees at our registration desk. There will also be signage indicating that masks are recommended.
Of all our policies, this is the one most likely to change to a mask requirement if the COVID conditions require it. However, we are currently moving forward with additional outdoor and social distancing options at the venue.
Onsite health and safety measures¶
Please expect the following measures to be in place at the event:
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test required for entry
- Event signage indicating required and recommended health and safety protocols
- Physically-spaced audience seating in certain areas of the main ballroom
- Event participants are asked to not crowd around booths and to limit the number of attendees at a booth at any given time.
- Wider aisles and increased event traffic flow signage to allow for physical distancing
- Pre-packaged food and beverage wherever possible, and proper health and safety protocols for those handling food & beverage
- Plentiful hand sanitation stations onsite
- Personal hand sanitizer bottles and wipes available for participants
- Antigen COVID tests available at registration, while supplies last
- Masks available at registration, while supplies last
At a minimum, we will also be following all mandated venue and state guidelines. This list, and all protocols, are subject to change as the fluid COVID-19 situation changes. Changes to this policy will only add requirements, and will not remove requirements.
This COVID policy is largely based on the policy from PyCascades and PyCon US - thank you to the Python Software Foundation for allowing us to modify & re-use your content.