Announcing Portland conference speakers¶
Our Portland conference is less than 3 months away, and we’re thrilled to see everyone in Portland. It’s the perfect time to buy your tickets and arrange your travel.
Today’s major news is the speakers and talks for the conference. A huge thank you to all who submitted a proposal; our event wouldn’t be possible without you!
2024 Portland conference speakers¶
Every year we strive to bring a diverse array of voices to our stage. As the role of “documentarian” varies greatly among us, we aim for topics that cover a broad spectrum of practical, philosophical, and technical ideas – with a sprinkle of whimsical ones for good measure.
We’re excited about the talks lined up for this year:
- Sofiya Minnath: A Strategic Documentation Template for Startups
- Dennis Dawson: Graphic Relief: Beyond Flowcharts and Screenshots
- Mario Morales: Applying Engineering Principles to Technical Writing
- Nellie McKesson: Make It Make Semantic Sense: Semantic Strategies for All of Us
- Robert Delwood: The Four Stages of OpenAPI
- Steven Hicks: Misadventures in SEO: How to self-sabotage your documentation
- Calvin Fung: Beyond Words: Strategies for Leveling Up Your Tech Writing Career
- Candy Morton: Case study: How we delivered a seamless in-product help experience
- Shawn Aldridge: Design Reviews, capturing context at speed
- Michelle Irvine: Quantifying the Impact of Documentation: Findings from DORA Research
- Tom Edmonds: “The vibes were off”: Adapting Agile story points estimation to technical writing
- Taylor Krusen: Code in Content: Using Dynamic, Interactive Elements in your Technical Writing
- Alistair Gray: Sociological considerations in designing an internal documentation platform
We trust there’s something for everyone to appreciate, and also something that will expand your perspectives.
Secure your tickets soon¶
If you haven’t gotten your ticket yet, now’s the time to begin the process to attend. Please ensure to arrange your travel only after buying a conference ticket. If you need additional information, we have a few resources to help you:
Thanks again to our sponsors¶
We are immensely thankful to our sponsors for their role in making these events possible every year. A big thank you to each of these companies for supporting our community:
If your company is interested in sponsoring, you can find all the necessary information in our sponsorship prospectus.
That’s the latest update on the Portland conference. We hope you’re all as eager as we are! Stay tuned for the complete schedule and further details in the upcoming weeks.