Announcing Full Schedule¶
We’re less than a month away from the first online Prague conference and we’re working hard to make sure it’ll be as welcoming and as fun as the in-person event you’re probably familiar with.
Today we’re announcing the full presentation schedule and the platform we’ll be hosting the conference on. We are working on last-minute details for a few more activities during the conference, so look out for more information in our next mailing.
The conference will be held on https://hopin.to/, which not only provides a stage for our amazing speakers, but also has integrated chat, unconference rooms with breakout calls, expo booths, and even a virtual hallway. We’re updating our Welcome Wagon guide, to be released soon, so it’ll all feel familiar before you’ve even arrived.
IMPORTANT: Please monitor your inboxes during the next weeks for an email with a registration link to Hopin. We recommend that you register for the platform in advance, to avoid the “Monday morning rush”.
Full presentation schedule¶
The conference website is now updated with the talk schedule for the main stage presentations, so you can start planning your time (and getting excited!) for the conference. We’re excited to have live Q&A after most talks, which will come from your questions but be moderated by an MC.
Start thinking about Writing Day¶
Our pre-conference Writing Day will happen on Sunday, and it is much more fun when folks come with their own projects in mind!
If you have a project or are part of a community that you think would benefit from a writing sprint, start brainstorming now about what you might want to focus on. If you’d like us to include your project on the Writing Day page, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or just show up on Sunday ready to introduce your project!
Shirts on sale¶
The Write the Docs Prague 2020 Pop-Up Shop is open! We have loose and fitted options from different fabrics, and you can choose exactly the size and cut you want.
The campaign will run in 3-day batches until November 30th. Shipping is available from the USA or Europe. However, due to the global shipping situation, we recommend you order your shirt at least 2-3 weeks in advance if you want to sport your new threads during the conference.
All our events and activities¶
Write the Docs is more than a conference. Every year we make sure to have a variety of activities that our attendees can enjoy, whether you want to learn something, meet new people, or share knowledge. And even though this years conference is held online, we’re holding to that plan.
- Lightning Talks. We’ll have lightning talks each day after lunch. These are 5 minute presentations and a lot of fun. They can be about anything you want, this is your chance to share something you are passionate about with the audience. Slides are not required.
- Unconference. We’ll be running the Unconference all day Monday and on Tuesday afternoon. Want to chat with like-minded folks about a specific thing? This is the place.
- Job Fair. As with the previous few years, on Tuesday morning we’ll have a job fair where you can find your next documentarian friendly job.
- Social event. On Monday night the conference platform will become the social event space. The main stage will be closed and the focus will be on attendee-created sessions. You’re welcome to create sessions for board games, trivia quizzes, karaoke, or any other social activity that you want to share with your fellow documentarians.
- Conference Help Desk. If you have any questions about navigating the virtual event, we’ll be running the Write the Docs Helpdesk booth, where you can chat with one of the organizers and the Welcome Wagon team.
The Schedule page has the latest and most complete information about all our events. This is where we will also update any changes/cancellations if they should occur.
Thanks so much for all your support and enthusiasm so far – we’re so excited to see you all next month!
The Write the Docs team