Prague Conference - COVID-19 Update 01¶
Dear documentarians in Europe and beyond,
By now you should have gotten an announcement from us about ticket sales and Call for Proposals for the Prague conference. However, as you’re all aware, the COVID-19 virus has been causing tremendous shifts and upheavals globally, and we are following developments as they might impact our community.
Last week we announced with a heavy heart that we must postpone our Portland conference from May to August (exact dates to be announced soon). Since the Prague conference is scheduled for September, we’d like to maintain our cautious optimism that we can hold it as planned.
As of today, March 16, Write the Docs Prague 2020 is scheduled to go ahead.
Despite the severe measures taken by the Czech authorities during the past week, these are short-term efforts to prevent the exponential spreading of the virus, and the restrictions are due to be lifted by mid-April.
You can check the following resources for up-to-date information about Czech Republic and Europe:
In the meantime, we understand that some of you are hesitant to make travel plans, so we are postponing our ticket sales and Call for Proposals until mid-April.
We are watching the situation closely and will send another update as more information becomes available. You can find all our COVID-19 updates in our tagged archives.
If you have any questions about this, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Write the Docs Team
Last Updated: March 16, 2020